Foreword：In order to ensure the safe and reliable operation of the diesel generator set and prolong its service life, the user should use and maintain the diesel generator set correctly, touch, listen, watch, wipe, wash, check and patrol frequently. Find problems and deal with them in a timely manner.
Quarterly Inspection Contents:
- Check whether the instrument indications such as engine oil pressure, engine oil temperature, cooling water temperature, and charging current are normal. Generally, the oil pressure of the unit should be 150~390kPa, the oil temperature should be 70~90°C, the inlet water temperature should be 55~165°C, and the outlet water temperature should be 75~85°C.
- Observe whether the voltage, current and frequency of the generator are normal. When the load is normal, the frequency is 50Hz, the voltage should be the rated value, the current should not exceed the rated value, and the three-phase current imbalance should not exceed 25%.
- Observe whether the color of the exhaust gas is normal. The normal exhaust color is colorless or light gray, dark gray when abnormal, and black when overloaded.
- Check the unit for oil leakage, water leakage, air leakage, air leakage and electricity leakage.
- Check whether the fastening bolts are loose and whether the ground connection is reliable.
- Check the control panel for abnormalities.
- Strictly prevent diesel generators from running at low temperature and low speed, high temperature overspeed or long-term overload. For long-term continuous operation, it should be 90% of the rated power. When running at rated power, the continuous running time shall not exceed 12h.
- Pay attention to keep the lubricating oil pressure and oil outlet temperature of the diesel generator within the specified range.
- Check whether the generator brush spark is normal. If there is any abnormality, stop the machine immediately and check the slip ring, commutator, brush and brush holder, etc., so as not to burn the slip ring and commutator.
- Pay attention to whether there is abnormal sound, vibration and burnt smell when the unit is running.
- Check whether the temperature of the generator casing and bearings is too high.
Diesel engine maintenance is divided into shifts and regular maintenance. Shift maintenance is carried out after each shift, and regular maintenance is carried out after a certain period of work.
(1) Shift maintenance
- Clean the exterior of the machine, check and eliminate oil, water and air leakage from all parts.
- Check whether the connection between the machine and each accessory device and instrument is firm and reliable, and tighten it in time if it is found to be loose.
- Check whether the diesel oil, engine oil and cooling water are sufficient, if not enough, add enough in time, and regularly add lubricating oil to the manual refueling place, and check whether the oil circuit is smooth. In certain areas, the air filter should be cleaned after each shift.
(2) First-level maintenance
After the diesel engine has been running for 100 hours, carry out the first-level maintenance. In addition to completing the shift maintenance, the following maintenance content should also be completed.
- Change the engine oil and clean the oil pan.
- Remove the filter element of the oil filter and the filter element of the diesel filter, check whether it is damaged, if damaged, replace it, if it is not damaged, clean it with diesel oil or kerosene.
- Remove the air filter element, and use a soft brush to brush off the dust on the filter element. If an oil bath air filter is used, the oil should be replaced.
- Check the oil in the high-pressure oil pump, replace or add oil.
- Check and adjust the valve clearance.
(3) Secondary maintenance
After the diesel engine has completed 500 hours of operation, the secondary maintenance should be carried out. In addition to completing the shift maintenance and primary maintenance, the following work content should also be completed.
- Clean the diesel tank, diesel pipeline and oil channel with diesel.
- Check the working condition of the fuel injection pump and the advance angle of fuel supply, and readjust if necessary.
- Check the fuel injection pressure and spray conditions, clean and verify the fuel injectors.
- Check the tightness of the valve and valve seat, and perform grinding and reaming if necessary.
- Remove the carbon deposits on the piston, piston ring, cylinder head and cylinder liner, and replace the piston ring if the gap is too large.
- Check whether the screw connection of the connecting rod, crankshaft, piston pin, flywheel and other parts is tight, if it is loose, retighten it.
- Clean the exhaust pipe and muffler.
- Remove the scale in the cooling system.